|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for you to demonstrate deep expertise in our customer’s industry and business, knowledge of the markets in which customer operates, and Microsoft’s capability to help the customer drive their digital transformation. You may have a track record in our customers' industries and may have performed in positions such as CIO, CTO, CDO. The broad scope of responsibility of this role requires a solid understanding of both business and technology strategy, change management, and a principled approach to broad digital transformation challenges and opportunities. You may also share a common set of characteristics, such as strong leadership and people skills, and bring the experience that drive innovation and customer value.
You will be focused on the following priorities:
- Own, manage and develop the technical business relationship with the CIO/CTO of the customer
- Lead the translation of the customer’s desired business outcomes into industry technical architecture
- Lead the technical delivery by motivating and inspiring all technical resources involved in delivering the customer’s desired outcome.
- Industry. The ATS will be involved in, and potentially lead, Microsoft’s industry and technology relevance for our customers. This role will continue to build and invest in industry understanding and be able to align high level technology strategy to industry and/or business outcomes of our customers. Their should be a good balance of technology, personal and industry skills including being able to form a PoV on the technology impact for an industry/customer, and participate in external groups, boards, societies, and other areas where technology and industry meet. The ATS should be able to articulate both the technology architecture of our customers and the industry technology architecture, as well as align this to the customers language and business needs.
- Long term thinking. The ATS is a role with the degree of freedom to own and develop a multi-year technology strategy for our cusomters. Being able to operate both long term and tactically is a core skill and of significant importance. Short term tactical sales are required to keep momentum with the customer, ensure value is delivered and relevance for Microsoft. That is horizon 1. Then long term is where we want to go with the customer and help them to define disruptive plays and future plans for their business and industry.
- Leadership without direct authority. The ATS is expected to “assume” a leadership position across the business to align and orchestrate technical sales and other resources. There is a role in mentoring and working closely with others both internally and externally and drive tight collaboration to deliver outcomes for our customers. As our business has grown, the number of groups to orchestrate has gown and leading technical teams without direct authority is going to be an important skill. It will be important for the ATS to have the confidence to lead, scale and be comfortable with achieving results through others and our partners.
- 5+ years of experience in digital transformation roles
- 5+ years of experience leading technical teams
- 5+ years of technical sales experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering or business administration related degree. Master's degree preferred
- Additional training or education in business, sales, or marketing preferred
- Experience in business consulting or consultative selling is desired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.