- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office - Multiple opportunities available!
- Suits experienced Credit Management Officers who are looking to join a collaborative and highly engaged team!
About the Role
As one of our Credit Management Officers you will be responsible for the management of a portfolio of BoQ's troubled and impaired exposures to effectively reduce bad debt and look to implement solutions to remediate delinquent accounts. With a clear understanding and adherence to compliance requirements, you will ensure all legislative requirements and BoQ policies are met at all times.
- Implementing the most appropriate course of action for resolution of delinquent or irregular accounts within the guidelines set
- Identifying and minimising potential losses via effective action
- Making sound decisions and recommendations based on an appropriate assessment of the customer's ability to pay and willingness to cooperate
- Maintaining accurate and up to date records of all action taken including, phone calls and correspondence issued, within the BOQ systems
- Ensuring all accounts requiring legal recovery action are monitored within a timely manner
- Liaising with Solicitors, Auctioneers, Insolvency Practitioners and Property Presenters to achieve the best outcome
As a self-starter and motivated problem solver who has a passion for helping others, you will exhibit a calm and methodical approach with the ability to engage and empathise with customers while providing exceptional customer service.
- Strong balance of customer service and ability to effectively negotiate whilst showing a high degree of empathy and professionalism
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal over the phone
- Previous experience in a banking or customer service environment is desirable
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to quickly pick up multiple bank systems
- Effective time management and ability to work autonomously
Please note – we have multiple roles available and these roles will be offered as 6mth-maximum term opportunities and are immediately available.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community where we support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.