|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The Australian subsidiary is looking for a motivated, self-driven individual to drive Azure adoption with the local professional developer community—specifically in the area of data science, data engineering. In this role you will drive awareness and engagement with the professional developer community, both as the local developer audience expert and as an Azure subject-matter expert. You love to engage technically 1:1 with customers and also build strategies and programs that can drive engagement and impact at scale. The right candidate brings a technical leadership mindset with experience engaging with developers and data scientists across both open-source and Microsoft AI + ML technologies. This candidate must have a strong data engineering or machine learning background and love to collaborate with a team of fun, tech-minded humans!
Azure Developer Product Managers use their deep audience expertise and strategic planning skills to reach and influence professional data scientist and data engineers to try Microsoft’s Azure platform, both through in-person 1:many engagements and at digital scale. Azure Developer PMs help drive broad awareness, skilling and adoption of Azure services to promote a self-sustaining ecosystem of skilled cloud data scientists and data engineers.
Business Management (30%)
- Build strategies to reach and engage data scientists and data engineers
- Track plan effectiveness, report insights, make adjustments as needed
- Manage investments and funds, create accelerator programs /offers for customers and partners and land programs and offers across business groups
- Create engagement strategy, including campaign/program business plan, community, customer and partner strategy, and campaign investment decisions that drive maximum reach/impact.
- Influence the creation of marketing plans and campaign investment decisions that accrue to your core strategy.
- Provide product-related content like customer benefits, competitive differentiators, and value of the product innovation to your audience
- Conduct marketplace environmental and competitive analyses to inform your strategy
- Identify strategic market-maker partners and influence joint go-to-market plans where relevant
- Drive orchestration to deliver on metrics and commitments, support Rhythm of the Business (ROB)
- Operate across many teams and stakeholders to bring the best of Microsoft to bear behind your strategy and to support your audience—key teams include: Marketing, Product Marketing, Technical Sales, and Solution Architects.
- Determine a common set of KPIs for marketing activities in collaboration with other teams involved (e.g. segment marketing, audience marketing, other BGs)
- Ability to drive impact through influence of others—whether inside Microsoft or across customers, partners, and the community.
Product Evangelism (40%)
- Maintain product knowledge and evangelise the product internally and externally to Press, enthusiasts, influencers, pre-sales customer scenarios—represent Microsoft at first- and third-party events
- Plan and execute activities that promotes Microsoft AI products and feature releases; lead product launch activities/releases
- Influence and support marketing teams on customer journeys, messaging, call to actions, and activities (events, webinars, etc) that drive impact for your business strategy
- Act as the voice of the field by ensuring timely updates/feedback to Corporate on product marketing and campaign execution in subsidiary
- Leverage the customer voice to support your strategy in reaching your audience
- Experience: 5-7 years related experience
- Experience with cloud technologies, data, analytics, AI, and modern app dev
- Evangelist and subject matter expert for product
- Deep customer focus and understanding
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communicator
- Experienced in core marketing functions
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) required, MBA a plus. Relevant fields of study include Marketing, Business, Computer Science.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.