|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Exciting large scale public infrastructure project.
- Work for a collaborative and people oriented Tier 1 Constructor.
- Permanent, Perth based role.
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. The business is currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry and has twice been named as one of Australia’s Top 10 most innovative businesses by BRW Magazine.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Senior Commercial Manager / Commercial Manager for a major public infrastructure project based in Perth, WA.
- Assist with implementing and managing the procurement plan to support the project schedule, whilst selecting and preparing the standard forms of supply chain agreements for use on the project.
- Manage contractual disputes and risk mitigation
- Develop and mentor your commercial site team to ensure they deliver the commercial requirements of the project
- Ensure accurate and timely weekly and monthly reporting and forecasting of project costs.
- Maintain registers and productivity on the project, whilst at all times adhering to Laing O'Rourke's safety policies & procedures.
You will have
As the preferred candidate for this role, you will be tertiary qualified in Commercial Law, Quantity Surveying or Engineering and possess recent experience in a Commercial Manager position having worked on major rail and civil/projects in Australia for construction companies with a minimum of 15 years’ experience post degree. Experience working with Managing Contractor type contracts is preferred. You will have a results driven, collaborative leadership approach with an ability to demonstrate a high level of technical and negotiation skills.
About our Culture
At Laing O’Rourke we work hard to create an environment that brings out the very best in our people.
We believe in building careers – not just creating jobs and in putting our people at the heart of everything we do.
We want to equip all Laing O’Rourke people with the skills they need to be part of a dynamic Engineering Enterprise and ensure they feel supported in their roles and rewarded for their efforts.
We have our own specialised learning and development programme, providing access to industry-leading learning tools to help every employee acquire the core competencies and skills needed to compete in this fast-changing environment.
Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.