The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Senior Manager within the Technology Consulting – Data and Analytics team in our Sydney office.
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven strategies and systems that help grow, optimize and protect client organizations. We go beyond strategy and provide end to end implementation of real-life data environments and have some of the best architects, project managers, business analysts, data scientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in the region.
Engage with clients, understand their needs, develop innovative value adding propositions / proposals, assemble a delivery team, lead the delivery of data centric technology solutions (traditional and cloud based) and deliver tangible business outcomes for top tier Financial Services clients.
- Deliver value and build trust with executives in Financial Services organisations. Develop and maintain relationships with clients at executive levels
- Provide thought leadership and define innovative solutions which enable clients to accelerate their data journey – trust their data, protect their data and leverage their data for competitive advantage
- Lead proposal development including the definition of the innovative value propositions, approach, team structure, deliverables and pricing
- Mobilise and lead project teams to design, develop and implement Data & Analytics solutions which deliver the desired business outcomes for our clients, our organisation and our people
- Manage day to day interactions with client teams, executives and sponsors and lead the client relationship across multiple levels
We’re looking for people with strong Data & Analytics related Solutioning and Consulting experience. You will need passion for a career in data analytics, where you will provide a consultative service on a variety of data centric projects within a fast-passed consulting environment.
Experience and a strong delivery track record managing complex Data & Analytics and/or Systems Integration programs in Financial Services.
- Program Manager/Delivery Lead for Data & Analytics or SI programs of more than 40 FTEs in a large and diverse organisation
- Leading or Program Managing a business transformation program or an IT delivery stream of a large business transformation program
- Strong problem-solving skills, with proven ability to analyse issues from different perspectives and draw commercially sound recommendations
People Leadership and Stakeholder Management Experience
Experience in developing and leading high performing teams and developing and maintaining relationships at executive levels and building trust with stakeholders and sponsors.
- Expedience in recruiting / assembling a team and managing the team dynamic to ensure they are operating efficiently and effectively. Supporting them and attending to their needs and development as they grow
- Strong customer focus - experience developing and managing stakeholder/client relationships at executive levels (Executive Management, Director, General Manager, Executive General Manager)
- Experience managing day to day interactions with executives and sponsors through the course of a program or engagement. Managing escalations and issue resolution in complex organisations
- Ability to collaborate with client and 3rd party teams to deliver an outcome
- Experience in the design, delivery and/or governance of Data & Analytics solutions e.g. Data Warehousing, Data Management, Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Integration, Cloud Migration, Data Visualisation, Machine Learning and AI
- Ideally you have the depth of knowledge, confidence and credibility to put forward a point of view and/or pull clients out of their comfort zones and challenge their thinking.
You have the desire and the experience in leading business development activities and securing sales in Financial Services organisations.
- Superior internal and external stakeholder management skills with the ability to credibly communicate, negotiate and influence strategic outcomes at executive levels
- Strong customer focus and customer empathy, ability to understand the client’s expressed and unexpressed needs
- Ability to assemble a bid team and lead proposal development including the definition of the value proposition, the approach, the team structure, deliverables and pricing
- Responsive to client needs and innovative in the formulation of value propositions which address the client need
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong consulting experience and background, including engaging directly with clients
- Prior Big4 Consulting experience is highly desirable