|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $26 trillion of assets under custody and $485 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
The Tax Services team is part of Securities Services and plays an active role in supporting J.P. Morgan’s Fund Services business and clients with respect to their tax reporting operations. Clients include large industry superannuation funds and managed investment trusts based in Australia.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver a full range of tax services and reporting to internal and external client, including preparation and/or review of tax distributions, tax returns, supplementary tax reporting and tax advice on corporate actions
- Liaise with clients on their tax reporting requirements and tax queries
- Build and maintain internal and external client relationships, acting as a subject matter expert for tax related queries
- Provide support on specific projects relating to clients, process improvements and product development
To be successful you will need:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in tax, with good understanding of COAC (Corporate Actions); preferably gained in a custody, professional accounting or financial services environment
- A relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. Accounting/Finance/Law), with CPA/CA qualification or Masters of Tax desirable
- Strong technical tax knowledge
- Understanding of the taxation of financial arrangements (TOFA)
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) along with strong interpersonal skills