|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Flexibility in location - we're open to this role being in either Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane
- Suits an experienced Compliance professional who is looking to join a Bold Challenger bank!
About the Role
As our Compliance Remediation Partner you will provide compliance advice Group-wide on second line remediation issues. These areas will specifically be in:
- Providing support to the product remediation team
- Providing support on customer remediation programs
- Providing support to Customer Relations and Customer Advocate on remediation issues
- Separately, be a direct point of contact for BoQ Retail (including Virgin Money Australia) on conflict of interest queries to be managed as appropriately within Group Compliance
- Delivering compliance advice in accordance with BoQ’s compliance management framework (CMF) and ensure that legal and regulatory obligations are met
- Implement the CMF as appropriate within the scope of this role
- Partner with BoQ’s non-financial risk teams, internal stakeholders and other risk people across the BOQ Group to promote a positive compliance culture and ensure policy and processes are implemented and maintained in line with requirements
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of policies, standards and procedures and embedding of new requirements
You will have extensive experience in working in a compliance environment with your experience preferably gained within banking and financial services. You will have a demonstrated knowledge of the Banking Code of Practice, Corporations Act, Consumer Credit legislation, ASIC regulatory guides and the Privacy Act.
You love to stay informed of the changing environment around the compliance area and have the ability to research and interpret law and regulation. With strong people skills you will use your experience to assist, guide and influence stakeholders where relevant.
Being highly organised, you will have strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise in an environment where you will be required to pivot on a regular basis.
With the ability to adapt and comprehend rapid digitisation and technology change in financial services you will maintain excellent written and verbal communication skills.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community where we support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.