|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Social Procurement Lead to join us on an exciting infrastructure project in Melbourne, VIC. This permanent role offers great career prospects with a privately-owned tier 1 constructor and international engineering enterprise.
- Provide relevant, specific procurement input to contribute to a winning Social & Sustainability Procurement Strategy in conjunction with Estimating, Commercial and the Bid Leader
- Deliver against agreed savings and other targets by setting and managing targets for the range of categories concerned.
- Communicate and illustrate the particular challenges and opportunities of the project and develop initial draft Social & Sustainability TORPS schedule, in conjunction with the Bid Team, to inform Packaging and Delivery Strategy
- Facilitate a structured, strategic and efficient approach to market engagement and pricing, including the resource required in collaboration with the project team.
- Identify and realise competitive advantage through early engagement with the supply chain and by leveraging strategic relationships
You will have
- Deep knowledge of the local supply chain market and demonstrable experience relating to the Procurement of the products with the lead categories.
- Substantial operational Procurement experience within the Construction Sector.
- Able to research, analyse and benchmark relevant procurement & commercial information to support the development of viable commercial options.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, interrogating and manipulating multiple data sources to undertake analysis.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and drive discussion to meet desired outcomes.
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.