|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Sustainabiltiy Manager to join us on an exciting infrastructure project in Melbourne, VIC. This permanent role offers great career prospects with a privately-owned tier 1 constructor and international engineering enterprise.
- Lead the achievement of sustainability outcomes for the project
- Manage sustainability accreditation targets and rating submissions with the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia (ISCA), and other frameworks as required
- Provide technical input into design and delivery of green building and infrastructure assets
- Collaborate with the project team to meet sustainability requirements and achieve targets
- Educate, influence and collaborate with supply chain on sustainability requirements
- Perform and manage modelling of integrated building designs in relation to climate change, energy, water balance and material lifecycle impacts
- Monitor and report on sustainability progress
- Build a positive culture for sustainability through recognising and celebrating achievements
- Promote sustainability to stakeholders and the community
- Research and apply for relevant sustainability grants and awards
- Manage sustainability budget for the project
Bachelors of Engineering, Science, Environmental Management, Sustainability or similar
- Extensive experience in leading the delivery of Sustainability on major infrastructure Projects
Experience in coordinating and implementing sustainability rating accreditations and project requirements on major infrastructure projects
- Experience in developing sustainability education plans and programs for project teams
- High-level communication, leadership, influencing and report-writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Solutions-orientation, with a hands-on, collaborative approach to achieving outcomes
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.