|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
About the role
We have an opportunity for an experience ICT Systems Engineer with a key Defence program. In this role, you will provide Systems Engineering expertise to:
- Support closure of residual project work on a major TC program required to complete Transition into Service of Defence Terrestrial Communications Network capabilities.
- Provide systems engineering expertise to support the group to implement in-service engineering processes required to sustain the Defence Terrestrial Communications Network (DTCN).
- Provide Systems Engineering guidance to enable the group to manage sustainment of the DTCN.
Skills and experience:
- Tertiary Engineering qualifications
- Understanding of systems engineering and ITSM processes
- Understanding of purpose and relationships between a wide range of Systems Engineering artefacts
- General understanding of networking technologies and ability to work with SMEs
- Ability to identify all aspects of engineering changes (technical, commercial, contractual, configuration management, safety, security, etc)
- Understanding of how to write and manage requirements
- Understanding of verification and validation
- Understanding of configuration management and change control
- Knowledge and experience in Defence Information Environments
- Knowledge and experience in Network Engineering or other engineering discipline
- Experience with Technical Assurance Frameworks
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Able to communicate effectively across all organisational levels
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Due to the nature of the customer, we can only consider candidates who are Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance.