|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Endeavour Group ambition is bold, we want to be the world's best drinks retailer. We know that expectations of retail have never been higher so our transactions must be instant, and our services must be intuitive and personal. We are embarking on our next generation of growth, and we want you to be an influential part of it.
Our family of leading brands is well respected and highly visible throughout Australia, New Zealand and the world; from Dan Murphy’s, our market leading destination drinks merchant, to our local convenience offering at BWS, and our Cellarmaster wines and Langtons businesses with each of them commanding a leadership position in their respective category.
Supply Chain Optimisation Manager - Range
- Ensure the Endeavour ranging network is optimised and our products are ranged in the right network location, at the right cost - to optimally service our stores and customers
- Be the conduit between the Endeavour Merchandise, Replenishment and Primary Connect National Support teams in relation to network range optimisation
- Permanent full time opportunity, based in Surry Hills with the opportunity to work from home
This newly created opportunity to join our Endeavour Drinks Supply Chain business is one that you do not want to miss out on. The key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the development of a ‘Cost to Serve’ model for ranging decisions, based on key inputs (sales velocity, source of supply, supplier capability, store ranging) to determine optimal network ranging location (RDC, NDC, VPS, DSD)
- Assist with the development of DC range optimisation mechanisms & processes
- Work with the Endeavour Commercial teams across Merchandise and Finance to build the cost to serve model into supplier agreements and commercial terms
- Provide Supply Chain support to Merchandise & Replenishment teams during range reviews to ensure key milestones are met
- Be the direct point of contact between Endeavour and the Range Optimisation Specialist in the Primary Connect National Support Team
- Work closely with the Endeavour Merchandise team to get line of sight on strategic direction & growth by category and product type (eg. vintage)
- Provide visibility of DC selection location (‘pick slot’) capacity (down to a category level) to key stakeholders (Merchandise, Replenishment, Space & Range)
- Preparation of data and insights on DC capacity for the quarterly Pick Slot Governance Forums
- Work with the Primary Connect National Support Team to increase pick slot capacity & identify DC re-lay opportunities to improve E2E efficiencies, including the development of cost assessments (capex/opex)
Who we’re looking for
To be successful in this role, we’re looking for:
- Minimum 2 years experience in Supply Chain and/or logistics / supply chain project experience
- Qualifications in analytics and / or Supply Chain analytics preferred
- Knowledge / experience in ‘network planning’ applications in the retail or supply chain space
- Exposure to store and Replenishment functions (supply & store planning)
- Understanding of Sales and Operational Planning processes
- Strong leadership capability to engage and influence collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong commercial/financial acumen
- A lateral thinker with superior problem solving & analytical skills
- Customer centric and always putting the customer at the heart of each decision
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and priorities
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency
Grow with Endeavour Drinks
Endeavour Drinks comprises a diverse range of drinks businesses including BWS, Dan Murphy’s, ALH and Pinnacle Drinks. We are focused on growing and transforming our businesses to meet the changing needs of customers and we’re driven by a culture that puts our customers and team first. Our ambition is to connect everyone with a drinks experience they'll love.
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You