|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the Role
With New Verticals, we're building Uber's fastest-growing, and our next 10^10, business. Global in scope, with a focus on our largest potential grocery and other new verticals markets, the team is responsible for all grocery and new verticals operations/sales/strategy across markets and also manages our integrated operations and efforts with Cornershop. Today, our focus is on the 10 priority markets of the US, Canada, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, UK, FR, Australia, Japan and Taiwan. This creative, forward-thinking and robust team is tasked with building a sustainable high growth business as we expand from restaurants to other high growth verticals.
We are looking for an outstanding sales leader to take full accountability of the New Verticals SMB team across acquisition and account management. Initially leading a team of 8 this role will be at the forefront of our growth into new verticals with an initial major focus on grocery and then broadening quickly into other retail verticals as we grow. As a key leader in the new verticals team this role will report into the Head of Commercial for new verticals and play an active role in setting our hyper-growth sales strategy and ensuring that our SMB team is set up to exceed our big growth goals.
You will be tasked with implementing findings from previous experience to build out our SMB approach, prioritising territory and working cross-functionally to quickly build our base of SMB retailers and iterate our process to drive improving productivity.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and lead a successful SMB sales and account management team responsible for exceeding sales metrics and working closely with leadership and cross-functional teams.
- Lead the team to develop on both short term, scaled transactional sales and longer-term sales process and productivity improvements
- Be a strategic thought partner to the New Verticals leadership team in regards to sales, partnerships, account management and expansion plans.
- Drive and supervise successful execution to achieve results across a hardworking sales team.
- Implement an efficient sales management system, and drive the sales field in a fast paced environment.
- Be close to the field, engage directly into the sales process and negotiations.
- Collaborate closely with Sales Operations to analyze results and find opportunities to improve sales motion, value proposition, sales enablement, systems, processes, and programs.
- Prepare for the future. Be accountable for the voice of the SMB retailers and work with our Operations and Product teams on what the future of local e commerce will look like (operational excellence, product feature design, solutions offering, market expansion…).
- Execute in short-term sprints with a high sense of urgency and accountability while maintaining a vision and preparing for long-term sustained success.
- Work closely in a matrixed environment with local, regional and global support, operations, marketing, strategy, analytics, design, engineering, and finance teams to grow your business.
- Create a strong team culture within your team and the wider new verticals team as a whole that attracts top talent internally and externally.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 8+ years of sales experience in a high growth company or equivalent experience gather through accelerated career growth and experiences
- Minimum 5 years sales management experience. Proven people manager and team builder with references.
- Proven track record of over achievement in fast paced sales roles at individual contributor and leader level
- Understanding and significant experience in both transactional and relationship sales motions is a plus.
- Experience in online marketplaces and startups is a plus.
- Sales transformation skills, Partner influencing skills and the ability to manage through ambiguity are also core to success.
- Exceptional communication and organisational skills.
- Proven history of coaching team members to develop skills and grow their careers.
- High-performance sales leadership track record with the ability to energise and inspire teams and partners to achieve stretch goals.
- Very strong commercial acumen and an entrepreneurial attitude with the ability to find opportunity and prioritise around it with pace and scale.