|Job Type:||Full Time|
With more than 200 stores and employing over 34,000 people, Kmart is proud to be one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest and most successful retailers.
Serving the needs of Australian families is at the core of who we are as a business, that’s why we are driven to be the place customers rely on for low prices and making every day living brighter.
You’ll be joining a dynamic team with a fantastic culture where diversity is openly celebrated, and you’ll be challenged and supported to achieve personal and business goals. Expect a work environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, inclusive and progressive - with no two days the same! Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive.
What we’re looking for?
Reporting in to the National Supply Chain Optimisation manager, we are currently seeking an experienced Supply Chain Optimisation Manager for a 12 month fixed term contract (to cover the encumbents’ secondment to a project). This role is predominantly responsible for driving and delivering operations focussed improvement initiatives across the Kmart DC network (total of 6 DCs based in Australia and NZ) and wider Supply Chain, ensuring a continual focus on safety, cost and compliance to successfully deliver on them.
Key responsibilities in this role will include the following;
- Project leading and delivery of these optimisation initiatives;
- Using your commercial acumen and experience running projects to develop business cases, conduct cost analysis and maintain benefits tracking;
- Utilising and optimising the existing experience and knowledge in our supply chain as well as working as a team to innovate;
To be successful in securing this role, you will have a background working previously in supply chain/manufacturing and possess the following skills and experience;
- Formal qualifications in Business, Engineering or similar related degree (not mandatory)
- Demonstrated skills/experience in; Project Management , Process Management, Process Re-engineering, Process Design (desirable)
- Strong experience in stakeholder management and communication
- Demonstrated experience in supply chain industries and/or consulting projects in logistics/supply chain.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, testing and implementing projects that increase productivity in large organisations
- Experienced in effective work system development and or management of projects, including high level organisational and planning skills.
You will be afforded autonomy and accountability in your role and have access to development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, inclusion in company bonus scheme & access to Wesfarmers share plan (both for eligible team members), free parking and benefits program including a discount card for Kmart, Target and Officeworks.
At Kmart we aim to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.