|Job Type:||Full Time|
Applicants to this role must have work authorization in Australia. This role is not eligible for work visa sponsorship.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience as a technical sales engineer or in a customer-facing role.
- Experience in data and information management as it relates to Big Data or relational-databases.
- Experience with one more of the following: Map Reduce, Hadoop, Spark, Flume, Hive, Impala, SparkSQL, BigQuery.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience as a data engineer, database architect, or database administrator.
- Experience of technology consultant, technical architect, enterprise architect, technical sales engineer, or solutions architect.
- Experience in software development platforms and solutions in J2EE, Java servlets, Python, Go, or Ajax.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
In this role, you'll work with Sales teams as a data analytics solutions subject matter expert to differentiate and paint the vision of Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explaining technical features, helping customers design architectures, engage in proof of concepts, and troubleshoot potential roadblocks related to analytics workloads and projects. You will architect the best solutions for the customer using Google Cloud’s unique technology, such as BigQuery, Cloud Dataflow, Data Catalog, etc.
As a Cloud Data Architect, you'll contribute experience in data analytics strategies and data engineering. You'll utilize your skills with deep big data processing and traditional data warehouse knowledge, bring a functional understanding of cloud and data center network topologies, enterprise security, cloud identity, and troubleshooting techniques.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Accelerate the adoption of Google Cloud solutions. Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Be responsible for go-to-market strategy from a technical perspective. Craft the strategy to transform the customers, identify key customer technical objections and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Share in-depth data analytics and data engineering knowledge to support the technical relationship with Google’s customers, including product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination and prioritization of solutions impacting customer adoption of Google Cloud.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required.