|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
Laing O'Rourke is recruiting for a Senior Civil Estimator to join our Melbourne office to assist with a large portfolio of major infrastructure projects. With an exciting pipeline of major infrastructure projects, it is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a great team and culture.
- Prepare take-offs and develop first principles estimates for civil infrastructure projects.
- Source local supplier and subcontractor pricing and perform adjudication of returns to ensure it reflects the project scope and technical requirements.
- Develop high-level cost plans and budgets to inform design development and ensure best value engineering is adopted.
You will have
- Degree in Engineering, Quantity surveying or similar, along with experience in the construction industry in a comparable role.
- Experience in similar estimating roles within the Road and Rail sectors in Victoria.
- Experience using Candy Estimating Software is preferred, however not essential.
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.