|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
Laing O'Rourke is recruiting for a Lead Estimator to join our Melbourne office to assist with a large portfolio of major infrastructure projects. With an exciting pipeline of major infrastructure projects, it is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a great team and culture.
- You will lead the development of the estimate for major infrastructure projects ensuring accurate assessment of the projects costs in accordance with the scope of works and required technical standards.
- Work collaboratively with the wider team including the client and independent estimator to align on the estimate and demonstrate value for money.
- Develop estimates using first principles, and engage with local supply chain to obtain pricing where required.
- Report and present estimate details to the project team, and the business executive for approval.
- Coach and mentor the estimating team to assist in the ongoing development of the function.
You will have
- 10+ years in senior estimating roles, leading the development of estimates and cost plans within the Road and Rail sectors within Victoria.
- Relevant qualifications in Construction, Engineering or Quantity Surveying
- Experience using Candy Estimating Software is preferred, however not essential.
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.