|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is unique. An Australian global technology company with incredible people; a market-leader with energy and spirit. Nearmap was named as one of the world’s 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company magazine – and we’re growing.
We are looking for an Commercial Finance Analyst to join our amazing team. The Commercial Finance Analyst will support the Commercial Finance Manager by covering key month-end, transactional tasks and will also be a finance business partner preparing and providing ad-hoc analysis for stakeholders in the Australian Distribution business. The role requires strong business acumen paired with good interpersonal and communication skills to ensure any analysis is effectively communicated. By liaising with AU Distribution stakeholders, you will understand key drivers, risks and opportunities facing the organisation as we continue to grow in line with our ambition.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
A typical day in the role will look like this
- Preparation of commission calculations, revenue reconciliations and other reconciliations
- Review of P&Ls, P&L variance analysis and trends, expense coding
- Supporting the CFM with Management Reporting
- Support the CFM with the preparation and presentation of budget and forecasts.
- Day to day stakeholder management
- Preparation and communication of recommendations around the risks and opportunities facing the business
- Business case preparation for growth opportunities
- Structuring annual commission plans and statements
- Adhoc analysis of key drivers of business performance
- Fluency with Excel formulas and functions is required
- Financial modelling experience/ power query skills viewed favourably
- Experience with financial and ERP systems such as Netsuite, PBCS, Looker and Salesforce viewed favourably
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Hands on self-starter, with exceptional detailed oriented analytical, inquisitive and conceptual thinking skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage own time and priorities to meet deadlines, whilst working with others and managing competing resources and priorities
- Demonstrated excellent written, verbal, visual communication and documentation skills
Experience and education
- 2-3 years of business finance or other relevant experience
- B.Com degree required(Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics)
- CA/ CPA qualified
Working at Nearmap
We move fast and work smart; often wearing multiple hats. We adapted to remote working with ease and are continually looking at ways to improve. We’re proud of our inclusive, supportive culture, and maintain a safe environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be themselves.
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Our current benefits include competitive pay, access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.