|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is unique. An Australian global technology company with incredible people.
Nearmap provides a virtual model of the real world – at a scale and detail that hasn’t been done before. Our ambition is to be the source of truth that shapes our liveable world. At Nearmap, we have an appetite for energetic and engaged people and we are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to be part of the Survey Systems team.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to be part of the Survey Systems team that focus on producing the software that allows the company to efficiently capture and process our imagery. It’s important that the software we are producing is user friendly through incorporating aspects of design in order to delight our customers. Collaborating across a number of departments globally, we are fundamental in supporting and delivering our capture program.
Software engineers at Nearmap are practically minded and focused on the outcome. We need our engineers to be collaborative, versatile, innovative team members with an enthusiasm for best practice, as we continue to push technology forward.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is woven into our DNA.
A typical day will look like...
- Investigating and solving complex problems.
- Designing new features and components, including user interfaces.
- Building and managing micro-services.
- Integrating and analysing AWS services.
- Developing solutions that solve real customer problems.
- Liaising with stakeholders to understand their needs and priorities.
What we're looking for...
- The ability to solve complex problems in innovative ways.
- Work with the full web development software stack, including third party software such as React, Redux and node.js.
- Database design and implementation of high-performance complex queries(preferably PostgreSQL with PostGIS).
- Linux, Cloud environments(AWS in particular) with containers such as Docker, created using Ansible and Packer.
- JIRA integration and workflow creation and administration.
- The aptitude to learn and better understand geospatial systems.
- A passion for continuous improvement, agile methodologies and lean software development.
… expertise or experience in any(or all!) of the above.
- Positive self-starter who works well with others.
- Practically minded and focused on the outcome.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills.
- High level of emotional intelligence.
Degree in a relevant field such as Software Engineering or Computer Science.
Some of out benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Some of our current benefits include competitive pay, access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests. Nearmap aims for all employees to feel supported in their career development, with opportunities for mentorship and cross functional team projects and opportunities.
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8
Please note: Successful candidate must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. This role will be located in Sydney, we will not relocate this role. All applicants must be available to interview in Sydney. If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.