|Job Type:||Part Time|
Business Support Coordinator | Part-time Opportunity | Yennora Location
- New opportunity for a talented Business Support Coordinator, 24 hours, 3 days per week in our Yennora support office
- Effectively, support and assist the site teams within a fast paced, customer first environment
- Join one of Australia’s leading retail groups, and enjoy the opportunity to grow and make a positive difference
This is a rare opportunity for a Business Support Coordinator to perform financial and administrative support duties for National Transport within the Woolworths group, who can:
- Compile and manage the Secondary Freight fuel reviews.
- Enter rates into TMS (Transportation Management System)
- Assist with queries on rates and fuel levies
- Investigate and resolve charging discrepancies
- Ensure data integrity is maintained at all times
- Carry out reporting and data audits
- Maintain a communication portal with accounts, carriers and vendors
- Perform analysis as requested by the business
- Manage weekly functions to ensure deadlines are met in a professional manner
- Management of the Primary Connect Mailbox including responding to internal customers, vendor and carrier queries in a timely manner
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a resilient, results driven individual who thrives in a busy environment. You will also have:
- Previous experience in an administration position
- Strong Communication Skills both written & verbal
- Effective time management, discipline and financial awareness
- Excellent attention to detail
- A can do attitude
- Ability to take on work, prioritise and stay level-headed
- Demonstrable effective problem-solving approaches
- Intermediate experience with various computer programs: Microsoft Excel, Word ,Google
- Experience in transport industry (or distribution operations) is desirable but not essential
- Ability to work alongside a team of cross functional resources
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.