|Job Type:||Full Time|
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an ICT Engineer with our team based at our office in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
Under direction from the Infrastructure, Support & Build Manager the ICT Engineer will perform primary engineering activities such as performing system builds for customers, supporting site installation and/or integration services activities & supporting the delivery of product training.
In addition the ICT Engineer will also be responsible for providing responses to product support/helpdesk queries.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Support and undertake customer focused ICT engineering activities
- Perform site installation and/or integration services
- Lead responses for product support/helpdesk queries
- Ensure efficient and expedient responses to customer support requests
- Support and develop the ICT/lab Infrastructure roadmaps
- Maintain existing ICT/lab infrastructure, and design/implement improvements
- Support the wider team by ensuring availability and quality of service of the ICT/lab infrastructure
- Provide support for the creation of product and capability demonstrations
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience in a similar role preferably within the Defence sector.
- Demonstrated experience with ICT equipment, including but not limited to Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Microsoft Windows Server & General networking environments
- Previous experience with the administration of software development and collaboration tools
- Tertiary qualifications and experience satisfying the requirements for membership of Engineers Australia
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hold a current Australian defence security clearance, min. level of NV1 (NV2 preferred)
As a defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilize “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use Gmail, Aol, Hotmail or similar accounts