|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is unique. An Australian global technology company with incredible people.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Sensor Systems team and be part of developing our next generation camera technology. Nearmap’s software engineers work on projects critical to business needs. This person will contribute to the development of Nearmap’s aerial sensor systems as part of a multidisciplinary team.
This person will be practically minded and focused on the outcome, designing scalable reliable software components intended for use in actual production environments. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
A typical day will look like this
- Design discussions with Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics and Software Engineers as relevant.
- Developing software applications at the hardware/software boundary for Nearmap’s sensor systems.
- Developing high quality reliable softwareintended to be remotely deployed on multiple Surveying aircraft.
- Creating well written documentation through the development process.
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, with an emphasis on scalable object oriented software design and system architecture.
- Multi-threading experience.
- Distributed systems development, TCP/IP network programming.
- Interfacing with hardware via serial ports, USB etc.
- Experience with both Windows and Linux.
- UI experience using the QT framework.
- Experience with navigation systems.
- Microcontroller software/firmware development.
- Object Oriented development with C/C++.
- Software architecture and design including design patterns.
- Scripting, Python, Matlab and other as relevant.
- Image processing skills - not essential.
- Excellent communication skills(written, verbal, visual) .
- Practically minded and focused on outcomes.
- Positive self-starter who works well with others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills.
- High level of emotional intelligence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics or equivalent.
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Some of our current benefits include competitive pay, access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8
Please note: Successful candidate must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. This role will be located in Sydney, we will not relocate this role. All applicants must be available to interview in Sydney. If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.