|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is unique. A global technology company with incredible people; a market-leader with energy and spirit. Nearmap was named as one of the world’s 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company magazine – and we’re growing.
We are looking for an amazing Operations Manager to join our team.
The role of the Operations Manager is to work with external operations providers to provide value-added services, data, and content in response to Nearmap requirements and real-time customer demand. The role will work with stakeholders across Nearmap to define new work, agree service definition and quality, forecast and manage demand, manage productivity and budget, and manage performance and continuous improvement.
If you join us on this exciting journey, you’ll love our inclusive values and share our ambition to become the source of truth that helps shape decisions for the liveable world.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
What we are looking for
For this particular role we are seeking people with the following experience:
- People, performance and budget management experience in an Operations environment required.
- Experience delivering outcomes via data-driven operational performance and production analysis required.
- Knowledge managing external and global operations highly desirable, including working with human expert teams performing annotation or labelling for machine learning.
- Demonstrated ability to meet high volume and quality service commitments and the ability to manage internal and external relationships.
- Project management and resourcing experience highly desirable.
- Understanding of basic accounting, containing costs and protecting margin is preferred.
- Expertise in successfully motivating and managing employees.
- Excellent and proven data analysis skills using Excel and/or other tools and applications.
- Strong analytical, oral/written communication, problem solving, research, and time management skills.
- Ability to influence senior management and stakeholders as appropriate to ensure successful outcomes.
- BA/BS/BE degree – preferably in business operations, project management or commerce.
A typical day for you may look like this...
- Working with our external providers to ensure continuous production of RG models in response to real time customer demand.
- Monitoring current and forecasting demand to determine current and future hours and staffing.
- Meeting regularly with Product and Commercial to share and update demand forecasts.
- Meeting regularly with Product, Engineering and Technology to collaborate on operational requirements, product business cases, product and technology updates and roadmap.
- Working with external operations provider to define tasks and ensure training is in place.
- confirming staffing and timing required.
- Iterating the task definition based on feedback from external provider, managing and tracking productivity and label quality.
- Provides regular reporting on operations status to Nearmap stakeholders
- Monitoring operational performance and productivity to ensure agreed targets and SLAs are being met.
- Identifying performance issues and working with internal and external teams to agree remediation and speedy solution.
- Deriving additional business information via regular analysis of analytics, reports and feedback to suggest changes with intent to improve business flow and productivity, creating stable pipelines of delivery.
- Responsible for managing the Content Operations budget.
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Our current benefits include access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
Working at Nearmap
We move fast and work smart; often wearing multiple hats. We adapted to remote working with ease and are continually looking at ways to improve. We’re proud of our inclusive, supportive culture, and maintain a safe environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be themselves.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.