|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is unique. An Australian global technology company with incredible people.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join our Sensor Systems team and be part of developing our next generation camera technology. This is arare hardware/software opportunity that doesn’t often appear in the market(especially in Australia). Working on state of the art hardware, this person will contribute to all stages of the embedded software lifecycle in various current and future electronic components for our aerial camera systems.
Engineers at Nearmap are practically minded and focused on the outcome, designing scalable reliable hardware and software components intended for use in actual production environments. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
A typical day will look like this
- Design discussions with Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics and Software Engineers as relevant.
- Specification, design, develop, documentation, and testing of real-time embedded software applications.
- Assuring the quality of embedded software applications through design, review, analysis and testing.
- Contributing to microcontroller requirement specifications for electronic designs.
- Contributing to broader inter-disciplinary knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- 3+ years of Embedded Software Engineering experience, with am emphasis on bare metal development on ARM Cortex-M architectures.
- Real-time/deterministic software development.
- Interfacing software to electronic hardware systems.
- Verification and validation of embedded software on system hardware.
- Low-level embedded firmware development using C/C++.
- Object Oriented software development.
- Understanding of electronics schematics, components, and PCB layout. Working knowledge of Altium Designer desirable.
- Desirable: Working knowledge of Python and Qt.
- Practically minded and focused on outcomes.
- Positive self-starter who works well with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills.
- High level of emotional intelligence.
- Bachelors Degree in Electronics, Electrical, Mechatronics, Software Engineering or similar
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Some of our current benefits include competitive pay, access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8
Please note: Successful candidate must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. This role will be located in Sydney, we will not relocate this role. All applicants must be available to interview in Sydney. If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.