|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is unique. An Australian global technology company with incredible people; a market-leader with energy and spirit. Nearmap was named as one of the world’s 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company magazine – and we’re growing.
We are looking for an Technical Product Manager - API to join our Product team. The Technical Product Manager will work closely with our Technology and Engineering teams to help define our integration roadmap and deliver an amazing product to our customers and partners. As a member of our Product team, you will be responsible for understanding our customers’ needs, as well as our technical capability, to drive creative solutions and stay ahead of the industry curve. You will help identify and initiate investigations of new technologies, prototype and test solutions for product features, and validate designs that deliver an exceptional user experience. You’ll be part of a world-class team, surrounded by super smart people who are passionate about our technology and our product.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
What a typical day will look like
- Regularly spend time in the market communicating with customers to understand problems and find innovative profitable solutions - know the customers, what they want and how our products deliver
- Being recognised as a product ambassador - keeping the customer front and centre in the mind of the business
- Interact, use and experiment with current products and features to ensure you have depth of understanding and are able to clearly describe products and features
- Developing new products and features in response to identified market needs
- Track against the product delivery milestones and update the rest of the organisation on the progress of product initiatives
- Running pilot programs where appropriate, to get early feedback & finalise details for broader release
- Understanding how products and features have evolved over time and the dynamic landscape
- Developing and nurturing a vibrant partner integration ecosystem
- Providing resources and support as required - preparing different documents for different audiences
- Proposing pricing and other solutions
- Strong Geospatial, Spatial Science & imagery experience desirable
- Exposure to modern web APIs and integrations
- Modern web software development
- Web APIs
- Solid technical expertise(in PM or Developer role) supporting new technology or rolling out new features for existing products
- Proven track record of getting things done, managing multiple tasks including communication with internal and external teams whilst consistently delivering on schedule
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, product managers, and senior business leaders
- Sound experience in requirements gathering, sales & product discovery
- Comfortable with cross functional team structure
- Ability to derive insights from diverse data sets
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Strong commercial acumen, strategic thinker and revenue focused
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, with ability to work successfully across all engineering disciplines
- Computer Science or Engineering Degree
Working at Nearmap
We move fast and work smart; often wearing multiple hats. We adapted to remote working with ease and are continually looking at ways to improve. We’re proud of our inclusive, supportive culture, and maintain a safe environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be themselves.
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Our current benefits include competitive pay, access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.