About the Role
The Head of Legal, Superannuation and Investment Platforms will lead a team of Legal professionals in the delivery of legal advice, ensuring the organisation operates within prescribed legal limits and its rights are protected. Contributes to the commercial success of the Group by pro-actively managing legal risk in the development and implementation of products and services within the Superannuation and Investment Platforms Business Units. Core accountabilities will include:
- Ensuring efficient, high quality, cost effective and timely delivery of services to clients.
- Acting as coordinator of legal counsel in a specialist area, ensuring open communication, consistency of policies and coordinated approach on advice and counselling within the Group.
- Ensure overall function operates consistently by working flexibly and supportively with colleagues both within and outside of the legal team.
- Lead and motivate team members by modelling organisational behaviours; coaching/mentoring; performance management; identifying training/development needs etc.
- Effective cost management, tracking to budget.
- Providing researched, accurate and clear advice on relevant areas of the organisation’s operations
- Identifying the commercial and legal implications of decisions and assist in transforming legal issues into commercial decisions.
- Researching actual or potential changes to legislation, policy or guidelines and inform relevant parties of the changes and the organisation’s relative position
- Preparation, review and /or negotiation of documentation with respect to commercial transactions and risk and compliance initiatives
- Product Management advice which is legally sound and has regard to the organisation’s risk appetite.
- Manage relationships with external lawyers and relevant industry bodies Contribute to the formulation and implementation of the legal team’s strategies and objectives.
Key skills, qualifications and experiences required will include:
- 10+ years post qualification experience in financial services law
- Experience in managing a team of professional staff and senior in-company and external lawyer relationships
- Overall project or legal leadership
At MLC Wealth, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting our people as you help us build a business and culture that affects positive change for our clients and community.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
How to Apply
If you're ready for the next step, click apply and submit your application via our careers site!