The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Tech Business Analyst – Data Risk and Controls within the Technology Consulting – Data and Analytics team in our Sydney office
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven strategies and systems that help grow, optimize and protect client organizations. We go beyond strategy and provide end to end implementation of real-life data environments and have some of the best architects, project managers, business analysts, data scientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in the region.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders (both internal and external) to understand their business requirements to identify their challenges with data that can be addressed using various Analysis techniques
- Conduct deep-dives with Business SMEs to evaluate risks, controls and issues; identify inherent risks, threats, pain points, control gaps and weaknesses
- Develop and maintain strong effective working relationships with key management personnel and internal client base including data engineers, BA’s and directly with the services/businesses
- Uplift of the risk & controls environment through identification and remediation of control gaps, addressing banks’ finding ahead of Board deadline
- Be able to clearly explain data controls strengths and weaknesses to both technical and senior business stakeholders
- Facilitate design workshops with executive stakeholders to calibrate and agree outcomes, material risk ratings and new issues and observations to be raised at Board level
- Keep a track of trends, patterns and correlation in case of complex data sets
- Be a part of a culture that focuses on delivering excellence for our clients and work with an awesome team of people to work with and access to cutting edge technologies
We’re looking for people with strong Consulting experience. You will need passion for a career in data analytics, where you will provide a consultative service on a variety of data driven decision making projects within a fast-passed consulting environment.
- Extensive experienced in the banking industry delivering data governance, data risk and control, data lineage, data quality, regulation frameworks and processes
- Proven track record partnering with key stakeholders across risk management, compliance, technical IT teams and the business, driving outcomes and improving cohesion
- Exposure to data / data environments / databases / large data sets / lineage
- Analytical mind set / someone that challenges assumptions
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-end project delivery, either traditional SDLC or agile delivery methodologies (or hybrid approaches)
- Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Ability to lead a team and collaborate with other business units
- A good team player who shows flexibility and a pro-activeness to deliver on relevant outcomes
- Strong problem solver, someone unhappy with the status quo
- Prior Consulting/Banking experience is highly desirable
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders on data risks and controls discussions, e.g. BCBS 239, APS 114, AML
- Strong consulting experience and background, including engaging directly with clients
- Experience in a delivery role on Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data or analytics projects