|Location:||New South Wales, New South Wales|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Component rebuilds focus working with our skilled workshop crew
- Join one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world
- Permanent position, Monday to Friday, 7am-5:30pm
For more than 25 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customer with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,300 staff and 190 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
PLANT MECHANIC - BATHURST
About the role
We are looking for our next component rebuild technician. In this role you will join our workshop crew performing repairs, maintenance and inspections on a range of customer components. Provided with the best tooling, you will continue to learn alongside some of the best trade’s professionals in a safety conscious environment. Our Plant Mechanics are recognised for their exact knowledge of CAT equipment – well trained, professional, and experts in their field.
This is a full time permanent position working a Monday to Friday roster, 7am-5:30pm (10 hour shifts).
- Complete machine re-builds of trucks, dozers, loaders and graders
- Fitting components and testing machines
- Awareness of the safety of self and your team mates, being aware of your surroundings and not afraid to call out concerns
Skills & Experience
- Mechanical trade qualification, preferably Heavy Vehicle/Mobile
- Caterpillar component rebuild experience
- Excellent diagnostic and repair skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Dedication to meeting customer requirements
- Commitment to maintaining safe work practices
- Familiarity with Caterpillar Equipment is desirable
- Competitive base hourly rate
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1,000 for each successful referral!
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- On-boarding and welcome day at our head office in Newcastle, plus supplementary training at our RTO
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028 and reference Job No 878138.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.