Last updated one month ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Work for a global IT and Business Consulting firm
- Support a critical new engagement, working with a major utility client
- Bring your extensive experience in Servers and Storage design, build and operation
- Drive the latest digital technologies that support a next generation IT Operational Transformation
- Review, design and transform the IT Server and Storage Support Operating Model for a large enterprise client
- Role starting January 2021.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Work with the business to define the target IT/OT support operating model for servers and storage
- Lead the server and storage operational automation for Linux, Wintel, Patching, Storage, Backup and Tools
- Lead and manage a team of professionals to optimise the operation of server and storage across the many business and technical domains of a utilities organisation, including IT, OT and hybrid cloud.
- Ensure a high level of client satisfaction through on-time/on-budget delivery and operations to SLAs.
- Lead the development of best practice frameworks and implement across other clients as required
- Working hours are 6am-2pm or 10am-6pm M-F
- Participation in the 24/7 on-call roster is required.
Skills and experience required to be successful in this role:
Technical expertise across:
- RedHat, Linux, Windows Server, VMWare, Cloud (Azure/AWS) and Citrix
- Wintel and Linux build, packaging, patching and security hardening
- Backup and DR design and execution
- Hybrid Cloud deployment, operation and optimisation
- Intelligent Automation experience (Ansible beneficial)
- SAN storage
- Consulting experience working with a large enterprise organisation (utilities/ telco beneficial)
- Experience in leading a team to deliver outcomes
- Experienced in leading technology implementations on IT transformation projects
- Advisory approach, the ability to build strong relationships at a senior level
- IT/OT operations understanding (service management, ITILv3 &v4, leading practices)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient presentation skills across all audience levels
- Certifications beneficial (Microsoft, RedHat, VMware, AWS, Azure, Citrix)
- Full work rights for Australia.