|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking to join a team where you help customers use the latest technology, where you receive cutting edge training and where you’re empowered to make a difference? Do you have a passion for Cloud Services? Are you customer obsessed and have a growth mindset? If this is you, we have a great opportunity for you. Microsoft is looking for a number of Customer Engineers to support our Australian business. In this role you will be working with customers to deploy, adopt and support Microsoft technologies. We need enthusiastic people like you to provide technical leadership to our customers and help our customers achieve success using Microsoft technologies. We need you to help them ensure their Microsoft IT technology environments are optimised and healthy.
WHO WE ARE
We are Microsoft’s Customer Success Unit (CSU), and are passionate about delivering Microsoft’s Mission “to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more”. We are passionate about our customer’s success across all Microsoft solution areas and aligned in specific solution areas; Azure Apps & Infra, Azure Data & AI, Modern Work, and Business Applications, covering all Microsoft products. We believe that everyone can grow and develop. We succeed as a team by sharing knowledge and experience. Don’t worry about what you don’t know; come and show us what you do know, and we will teach you the rest. As a Customer Engineer you will be a key technical resource for the customer, primarily focused on delivering proactive services such as education workshops, delivering assessments and providing tailored guidance. Troubleshooting skills are essential as this role will include working with Microsoft Premier Support to expedite incident resolution. The role can include a mixture of short and long-term customer engagements.
WHAT WE DO
We provide technical leadership and technical intensity directly to our customers who are deploying, maintaining or innovating solutions using the latest technology. We enable our customers to have the skills to deploy, support and maintain their environment in line with Microsoft best practices. Our capabilities and insights create support experiences that empower and delight our customers.
The Customer Engineer (CE) position is to provide Microsoft customers with reliable technical solutions to the complex integration problems associated with business solutions built on the Microsoft platform. The CE Team supports a diverse variety of technical solutions built with Microsoft technology and products. Typical tasks performed in this role include specific problem isolation and correction, user mode debugging, conducting application design and supportability reviews, performance tuning, application stability consulting, troubleshooting,
and porting/migration assistance, configuration management, pre-rollout testing and general IT support consulting. As a Customer Engineer you will:
- be expected to work effectively in cross-group situations
- be able to drive towards integration-oriented solutions to provide Microsoft customers with reliable technical solutions to the complex integration problems associated with business solutions built on the Microsoft platform
- provide technical support including product technical training onsite, as well as via telephone, and electronic media
- be able to manage hot issues by setting customer expectations, devising and implementing action plans, being available 24x7 and professionally communicating to all parties involved
- participate in proactive account management, spot performance issues, analyze problems, develop solutions to meet customer needs
- create deliverables to address common Microsoft Support customer needs & support mobile-first, cloud-first strategy, and share intellectual property with others
- maintain, expand accreditations and certifications; assist in developing best practices for key technologies & products to support technical team readiness
- consistently apply “lessons learned”, model personal accountability & teamwork
- contribute & participate in meetings to articulate Microsoft Support offerings to all customers, and share knowledge thru communities
You will have the opportunity to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, while working with diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, developers, architects, and executive management to:
- exhibit leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork
- act as a technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other companies
- manage crisis situations that may involve technically challenging issues and diverse audiences
- use trace analysis, debug skills, source code, and other proprietary tools, to analyse problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs; this may involve writing code
- maintain strong working knowledge of released products, take ownership for product improvement, and participate in pre-release activities and BETA programs
- lead triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and develop customer solutions efficiently
- earn certifications as an MCSE, MCSD or MCPD. Microsoft will facilitate this opportunity through company provided resources
- travel within Australia and internationally may be required
Ideally you will have a minimum of three years’ experience in planning, building, and supporting Microsoft 365 cloud solutions. Understand core network and IP routing concepts and network operations. Understand Cloud security concepts, especially to do with Microsoft 365 technologies. Experience in software support or I.T. consulting with a combination of on the job and formal technical qualifications focused on Teams.
WHAT WE NEED
- A diverse range of technical skillsets and experiences in Microsoft and non-Microsoft technologies (Microsoft 365, Azure, Cisco, Avaya, Polycom, Crestron etc).
- Demonstrate business acumen with customers through effective relationship building.
- Be a trusted advisor to our customers through strategic guidance and technical leadership.
- Ability to quickly build relationships and credibility with customers
- Ability to develop and deliver technical training and presentations to large classroom audiences.
- Ability to understand and interpret customer technical and business challenges and assist in building outcome based solutions through our managed engagements.
- Confidence working in fast paced and, sometimes, critical response situations with customers.
- Ability to build trust to drive change with customers
- Have a natural desire to adapt and learn new technologies through independent self-learning.
- Be self-reliant with excellent organisation and planning skills
We are looking for candidates with the following technical skills in Microsoft Teams
Teams Infrastructure CE:
- Deep technical proficiency in Microsoft Teams Infrastructure planning, managing, deploying, and performance tuning
- Experience troubleshooting Microsoft Teams infrastructure deployments measure against our World Wide best practices.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.