|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are seeking a Contracts Administrator to work within our Engineering Procurement and Contracts team to efficiently execute and manage contracts for multiple projects. The role requires a dedicated, attention-to-detail focused person who enjoys flexibility along with a challenging environment. This role will be based in our Gold Coast office.
As Contracts Administrator you will be accountable for the delivery of the commercial, financial and contractual management aspects of multiple projects.
Ideally you will have experience in either an Engineering, Commercial or Legal environment with exposure in dealing with supplier contracts and agreements as well as preparation of contract documentation for execution and issuing variations and claims. Buyer and expediting knowledge is desirable.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Deliver subcontract administration to meet contractual requirements including supplier performance management, supplier meetings and point of contact
- Assist with head contract administration including Extension of Time, Variations, Notice of Dispute
- Maintaining contract registers including variation registers and forecasting total contract values
- Awareness and management of contract payment milestones
- Assessment of subcontractor claims and payments
- Working with cost controllers to update month end financial information on individual downstream contracts
- Understand and apply head contract key criteria with regard to delivery, payment terms, financial instruments, documentation, insurances, penalties etc.
- Contribution to month-end financial reporting for each project
- Contribution to internal and external reporting as needed
- Negotiation of vendor and subcontractor terms and conditions and ensuring Downer commercial principles are adhered to
- Ensure head-contract conditions are flowed down to vendor and sub-contractor terms and conditions
- Assist the procurement team with Purchase Order set-up to ensure alignment with contract milestones
- Co-ordinate the requirements for each subcontract, including sourcing of bank guarantees, issuing notices of variations or dispute, terms and conditions resolutions etc.
- 5 plus years’ experience in contracts administration
- High level of attention to detail
- Knowledge and application of contract clauses/languages/risks such as indemnities, limits of liabilities, liquidated
- Intermediate to advanced experience with office software (outlook, word, excel)
- Experience with JDEGS software an advantage
- Ability to develop and sustain proactive and productive internal and external working relationships
- Experience working on major engineering and/or construction projects
- Strong communication skills to engage effectively and to negotiate contract terms/clauses
WHAT WE OFFER
- An attractive remuneration package along with an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment within a highly successful, ASX listed organisation
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
To apply for this role, please submit your resume via the links provided. Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, however, applications must be made via the careers portal and will not be accepted via email.