|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
We are looking for a Builder to join our Corrections contract to look after the maintenance and repairs at the Christchurch Men’s Prison where we hold a long term Asset Management and Facilities Management contract with the Department of Corrections and the Ministry of Justice. Downer provides enhanced and extended scope of works and implement new processes to ensure that all facilitates are well managed and maintained.
About the role:
The primary role will be carrying out general carpentry and maintenance activities. You will be expected to be involved in planning, organising, and controlling activities and operations as both part of a crew and individually assigned tasks. All work is completed to the satisfaction of customers and all targets (safety, quality, and productivity) are met.
You will be expected to work ‘hands-on’ and have experience in a variety of building industry-related projects, which would be an advantage. The role also requires a high standard of personal presentation and workmanship together with strong customer service skills.
What's on offer:
- Permanent, full-time position
- Guaranteed hours + overtime
- Opportunity to join a progressive organisation who truly embraces training and development
- Growth industry with plenty of career opportunity
- Wide variety of projects – you won't be bored
We are looking for candidates with the following skills & experience:
- Trade qualification – LBP certification preferred but not essential
- Practical experience - carpentry, with proven workmanship and an eye for detail
- An organised and systematic approach to the working environment, strong planning skills
- Be hardworking, reliable and motivated
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Can work well and efficiently both unsupervised and within a team
- Good level of physical ability
- High levels of motivation
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 574661 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.