Project Manager - CFC 24 month Fixed Term Contract
In October 2020, Woolworths Group Supply Chain rebranded to become Primary Connect - an end-to-end supply chain partner within Woolworths Group. Our team of more than 8,000 continues to support our Woolworths, BWS, Dan Murphy’s, Countdown, and BIG W stores across the country, providing them with our customers’ favourite food, drink, and everyday needs items.
Becoming Primary Connect gives us the opportunity to keep growing so we can become the next generation supply chain whilst remaining an essential part of Woolworths Group. There has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
- Provide project management expertise across a variety of Primary Connect Infrastructure related projects
- Manage the development and commissioning of our new Customer Fulfillment Centre worth $200 million
- Two year fixed term contract with the opportunity to extend
Working in a passionate and supportive Supply Chain team, time will be spent building relationships and creating engagement, as well as:
- Own, and manage the project(s) through all phases from project mobilisation, through detailed design to delivery and post commissioning handover
- Manage a broad team of project, business resources as well as external suppliers
- Direct and indirect line management
- Report progress, risks & issues, financials through various departmental and cross divisional forums
- Ensure key stakeholders remain aligned to the purpose, objectives and outcomes
- Work collaboratively and closely with our major internal customer, as well as with the broad team
- Ensure correct governance and assurance is maintained
- Complying with the Woolworths project management framework
Who we’re looking for
Our new Project Manager will be driven and passionate, keen to get things done and able to make an impact in a fast-paced environment. We’re looking for a team player with:
- Previous Supply Chain experience, within the FMCG / Food, Beverage & Retail Sector
- Project Management experience covering the implementation of complex change into an operating business, or establishing and commissioning from new (greenfield)
- Working knowledge of the development and construction large scale warehousing or distribution facilities
- Automation experience across either / all: Design, implementation, operations, support, engaging with providers such as Knapp, Dematic, Schaeffer, Vanderlande or Swisslog
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple teams to achieve the agreed deliverables by;
- collaborating with others to achieve outcomes. This will be a team effort.
- possessing excellent communication and presentation skills
- ability to focus on the detail, while maintaining an understanding of the big picture
- Demonstrated effective negotiation and influencing skills with stakeholders
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.