|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart. At Downer NZ we're inspired by challenge and the chance to create a better future. Our people share a passion for excellence and the desire to inspire others.
Our Auckland Crane business has experienced great growth and expansion with 2 new cranes recently brought in to deliver to new and exciting projects! We are busier than ever and are seeking an experienced, competent Crane Operator / Crane Technician to compliment our crew.
About the role:
As a Crane Operator in our Auckland crew, you will transport cranes to and from sites safely and accurately. You will ultimately control cranes to lift, move, position and place machinery, equipment and other large objects at construction sites and various locations. You will need to be self-motivated and autonomous in your work as you will often be out on jobs as the sole representative of Downer. Day to day you will:
- Carry out activities in accordance with project plans and targets
- Make sure all plant and/or equipment under your control is presented, maintained and operated in a professional, safe and efficient manner
- Ensure pre-start checks of plant and/or equipment are carried out, documented and filed correctly, including Daily Job Records.
- Advise the Operations Manager of any plant or equipment repairs and maintenance that may be required
You will use your strong people skills to build genuine and lasting relationships with our customers. Plus you’ll have the skills and experience to help us achieve our strategic objectives.
As you’ll be working on Taxi Cranes you’ll ideally bring with you current NZQA crane qualifications and a Class 5 Licence (We will still consider you if on a Class 4 as training can be provided).
You will also:
- Have a strong commitment to safety, taking your time and doing things right the first time, every time
- Be a team player with strong communication skills and a can-do attitude
- Be BESS registered or be able to obtain this
Perks of joining team Downer
A role with Downer can assist you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. We will reward you with competitive pay rates and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation. We also offer:
- Rewarding pay with penal rates and a company vehicle
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Variety from week to week as no two days will be the same
- Tools of trade including uniform and safety gear provided
- Modern machinery to work with
A role with Downer can assist you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. We will reward you with competitive pay rates and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
How to apply?
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 574689. Alternately, drop in your CV to your nearest Depot today!
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.
The Downer NZ Recruitment office will be closed from Wednesday, 23 December 2020 and we will be back on deck on Monday, 11 January 2021. If you submit an application during this period please note that we will review your details upon our return and be back in touch ASAP. Wishing you a safe and festive holiday season.