|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- 5 years of experience as a Solutions Architect or Developer, designing and implementing cloud-based solution architectures.
- Experience with one or more programming languages such as C/C++, Python, Java, or Go.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Experience with scalable networking technologies, including Linux, software-defined networking, network virtualization, open protocols, App acceleration, Load Balancers, DNS, virtual private networks and their application in PaaS and IaaS technologies.
- Experience in cloud infrastructure, storage, platforms and data, as well as cloud market and competitive dynamics.
- Experience managing internal or client-facing projects to completion, architecting technical solutions, and working with engineering teams, sales, services, and customers.
- Experience with standard IT security practices, including encryption, certificates, and key management.
- Knowledge of infra automation, CI/CD, SQL/NoSQL/NewSQL, and cloud-based delivery models.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Strategic Cloud Engineer, you'll guide customers on how to ingest, store, process, analyze and explore/visualize data on the Google Cloud Platform. You will work on data/infrastructure migrations and transformational projects, collaborating with customers to design large-scale data processing systems, to develop data pipelines optimized for scaling, and to troubleshoot potential platform challenges. This is a generalist architect role covering both Infrastructure and Data areas. You will deploy solutions at customer sites and deliver workshops to educate and empower customers. Additionally, you will work closely with Product Management and Product Engineering to build and cultivate excellence in our products.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Be a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve cloud technical challenges, with a focus on cloud networking design.
- Create and deliver best networking practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of business and technical stakeholders.
- Establish technology roadmaps that can be used by customers on their journey to the cloud.
- Perform current state assessment, design future state architecture, complete gap analysis, and create a complete vision for our customers’ engineering teams.
- Provide on-site, hands-on technology leadership and guidance to customer’s key stakeholders, and work with engineering teams.