|Job Type:||Full Time|
Boral is an international building products and construction materials group with three strong divisions: the high-performing, well-positioned materials business of Boral Australia; the fast-growing, 50%-owned USG Boral interior linings joint venture in Asia, Australia and the Middle East; and Boral North America, a scaled and growing building products and fly ash business. With its headquarters in Sydney, Australia, Boral has approximately 17,000 full-time equivalent employees (including in JVs) working across over 700 operating sites in 17 countries.
The Western Quarries comprises of both hard rock and sand & gravel resources in Dubbo as well as a further hard rock quarry at Byrock. The quarries supply the sand, aggregates and crushed rock needed to produce materials such as concrete and asphalt, in turn distributed to worksites across Midwest NSW.
As the Quarry Manager, you will be responsible for managing and leading all aspects of Quarry operations with the main focus on safety, environmental and quality issues, budgetary requirements as well as efficient management of the quarry operations.
With an uncompromising commitment to safety, you will have a genuine interest in the day to day management and challenges of running a quarry operation, including the ultimate responsibility for safety performance, production targets, quality control, customer liaison and LEAN implementation. You will also be responsible for the profitability of the site, managing financial outcomes and achieving set budgets and targets.
Skills and experience
- Proven hands on manager who is capable of leading, managing, and motivating the production team
- Experience supervising a quarry or mining operations
- Appropriate quarry management certifications highly regarded or willingness to obtain certifications
- Ability to utilise your initiative and management skills to identify, manage, and solve issues as they arise
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organisation
- Experience developing and managing budgets including controlling expenditure and costs
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing would be highly regarded
- High levels of resilience and a determination to deliver successful outcomes
- Excellent people management and mentoring skills
- Tertiary education in an associated discipline would be well regarded, but not essential
With challenges comes opportunity, and for the right individual, this role can springboard your career in Boral. Your achievements will be rewarded with significant on-going development opportunities and a competitive remuneration package.
Click to Apply or visit http://careers.boral.com.au
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.