- Leading fieldwork, managing performance, coaching and mentoring more junior team members and keeping engagement leaders updated on audit engagements
- Effectively managing Audit processes with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters, including revenue, financial instruments and income taxes
- Engaging clients and providing advice and professionalism throughout transactions, including identification of areas for improvement in clients’ business processes
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues
- Understanding our clients’ unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible
- Expertise in accounting frameworks (IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
- Proven experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements
- Experience leading the planning, execution and reporting on audits
- Proven track record with developing and maintaining client relationships
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
- Expertise in accounting frameworks (IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters.
- A strong academic record, including a degree and progress towards/completion of a recognised accounting qualification (CA, CPA, ACCA)
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your performance. In addition, our comprehensive Total Rewards package can be tailored to your individual needs, to give you the freedom to manage your role in a way that’s right for you. This includes;
a variety of flexible working and leave arrangements
personalised career development including coaching and support to help you build your career and access to formal learning so you can develop the skills you’ll need to thrive in the future
a range of tools and benefits to guide and support your health and wellbeing throughout your entire EY career.
At EY, we hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. Through our inclusive leadership behaviours, a variety of internal networks, flexible working and mentoring programs, you will have the support and flexibility to build an exceptional career.
EY is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process for people with disability. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or 61 3 8650 7788 (option 1).
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process will be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.© 2020 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.