At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
Reporting to the Superintendent Resource, we are currently seeking experienced Grade Control Engineers with a strong operational focus to join our Geology team at Mt. Arthur Coal. Located in the beautiful Hunter Valley this is your opportunity to have a rewarding career based in a sought after lifestyle location. The roles focus on supporting Production teams to safely deliver best practice coal recovery and quality control.
On offer are two roles on an 8/6 roster.
In this role you will:
- Engage with Production, CHPP, Planning and Logistics teams to deliver against the short-term planning targets;
- Provide geological field support to the site operational teams with grade-control, pit inspections and implementation of and compliance to dig plans;
- Work proactively with production teams to sequence coal to the CHPP to meet quality requirements and manage coal quality, loss and dilution;
- Continually improve through seam-mining practices to achieve best practice mining methods and coal recovery; and
- Reconcile coal volumes to plan and provide quality and tonnage feedback to operational teams.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a tertiary education in Geology, Mining Engineering or similar degree, with experience in open cut coal mining (preferred);
- Possess a detailed knowledge of industry best practice in horizon and grade control processes in a truck and shovel mining environment (highly desirable);
- Have the ability to perform pit inspections and influence operational stakeholders whilst delivering to a plan (essential);
- Be diligent, self-motivated and an excellent team player with the ability to form positive relationships while ensuring people deliver to required schedules;
- Possess a valid Australian Driver’s license (mandatory).
On offer to you:
You will benefit from a rewarding career path, an excellent remuneration package inclusive of competitive salary, performance bonus, employee share options and a relocation package to take up a residential role in the Hunter Valley.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.