|Location:||Perth, Western Australia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Infrastructure Projects, a division of Downer’s Australian Operations Business continues to secure further opportunities within our Rail Signalling Team as we continue to build on our reputation of meeting and delivering on Australia’s major Transportation needs.
Due to this planned expansion we are now seeking experienced and enthusiastic Rail Signal Technicians to join our progressive Rail Signalling Team to help build sustainable, long lasting infrastructure solutions for a tier 1 rail network in the Pilbara, WA and Perth local.
You will be part of a dynamic team where you will have the opportunity to share your expertise and have a major impact on project outcomes.
As a Rail Signal Technician, you can anticipate some of your daily duties will include:
- Installing, maintaining and repairing signalling equipment including telemetry equipment in accordance with predefined work programs and rail projects
- Commissioning and adjusting electrical and mechanical signalling equipment as required
- Test and assist with testing of Signalling equipment and systems
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S) requirements and legislative policies including work activities performed by subordinate employees
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with technical and operational specification and standards including work activities performed by subordinate employees
- Maintain all records and associated documentation relating to asset condition, maintenance programs and costing systems
- Report on actual work performed against the scheduled work program and report any equipment performance and condition irregularities
- Progress the implementation and application of work procedures and practices in pursuit of ensuring continuous quality improvement
Must have all the following accreditations and certificates:
- Knowledge and experience of Pilbara Rail Networks in WA
- Cert IV in Rail Signalling or have equivalent training and experience
- Certificate III in Electrotechnology
- Electrical Fitter or Electrical Mechanic
- Electrical Licence WA
- Current C Class Drivers Licence or higher
Desirable but not essential:
- Available immediately
- Current First Aid training including CPR
- Low voltage rescue
- Demonstrated rail signalling capability with strong experience on major Rail infrastructure projects
- Knowledge of wayside signalling equipment
- Rio Tinto Inducted
WHAT WE OFFER
Downer is dedicated to nurturing our people personally and professionally through skills development, competitive benefits, career pathways and fostering a proudly diverse fun and supportive workplace culture. Downer believes in our people; and we are committed to ensuring that you feel valued within the team that share the same passion to succeed. Downer gives you the opportunity to work remotely as part of its commitment to flexibility and remaining agile in such a progressive business.
HOW TO APPLY
To register your application; please use the link and apply online as applications sent directly to the recruitment team will not be valid.
If you require further information on this great opportunity, please contact the recruitment team via email Victoria.Ingram2@downergroup.com
WE RESPECTFULLY ASK NO AGENCY APPROACHES