About the opportunity
This is a management role within the South West Sydney Intensive Family Preservation Program and is responsible for the day to day coordination, management and leadership of a team of caseworkers delivering the Intensive Family Preservation Model which provides time-limited, intensive home-based services on for families in crisis, whose children are at imminent risk of being removed from home due to child protection issues.
This position is offered on a permanent full-time basis.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in the Social Sciences and / or Psychology related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in working with children and families
- Demonstrated experience working with families experiencing complex issues
- Demonstrated understanding of child protection issues with the capacity to identify risk levels and plan support interventions accordingly
- Demonstrated understanding of child protection legislation and mandatory reporting requirements
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage multidisciplinary services, developing and maintaining motivated, professional and effective work teams
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
We work together to ensure that every employee can be the best they can be. We value you and will support you in your life and in your career by:
- Supplying ongoing training and mentoring so you can continue improve and learn new skills
- Ensuring a family friendly workplace and flexible working hours
- Providing an attractive salary which is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience plus super with Not for Profit Salary Packaging also available
- Offering an accessible employee assistance program to support your wellbeing
How to apply
If you are interested in this role, please submit your application online and also attach a cover letter (2 pages maximum) which outlines your experience and how you meet the requirements for the role. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
This position will be advertised until it is filled. Interviews will take place as suitable applications come in.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police, reference and Working with Children checks.