The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for Associates and Senior Associates within the Core Audit team in our Canberra office.
EY Audit professionals help our clients meet their reporting requirements by accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters.
You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
- Leading fieldwork, managing performance, coaching and mentoring more junior team members and keeping engagement leaders updated on audit engagements
- Effectively managing Audit processes with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters, including revenue, financial instruments and income taxes
- Engaging clients and providing advice and professionalism throughout transactions, including identification of areas for improvement in clients’ business processes
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues
- Understanding our clients’ unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible
- Expertise in accounting frameworks (IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
- Proven experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements
- Experience leading the planning, execution and reporting on audits
- Proven track record with developing and maintaining client relationships
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
- Expertise in accounting frameworks (IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters.
- A strong academic record, including a degree and progress towards/completion of a recognised accounting qualification (CA, CPA, ACCA)