At Qube, we recognise that our people are our most important asset and are the engine that drives our organisation, playing a vital role in ensuring our business achieve our objectives and deliver on our commitments.
We believe that attracting the right people, maximising their contribution, and rewarding performance is vital for success. By choosing to work at Qube you will be choosing to work at the largest integrated provider of import and export logistics services in Australia with a market capitalization in excess of $3.75 billion as at 30 June 2018. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia and New Zealand with a workforce of over 6,500 employees and contractors.
Qube Logistics operates across 48 sites nationally, covering over 210 hectares of land with 2 corporate administrative offices based in Melbourne and Sydney. Over 3,000 full time employees support these operations with qualified and experienced staff across all services offered.
An exciting opportunity now available for an enthusiastic and motivated Import Coordinator to join or friendly and growing team
About the role
Role Location: West Melbourne, VIC
Role Type: Casual > Full Time
- Assisting with all documentation relating to Import Freight Operations
- Registering import shipments via software system
- Preparing paperwork for shipment, as required
- Liaise with import clients on all aspects relating to their cargo including forwarding shipments and obtaining release numbers from shipping companies for the collection of empty containers
- Liaise with relevant terminals and depots upon cargo delivery regarding the unloading, packing and importing of cargo on behalf of customers as/ when required.
- Receive and resolve general freight forwarder inquires, seeking assistance where applicable
- Assist in preparing import & export documentation to facilitate the packing of containers
- Liaise with the transport department and forward relevant documentation to arrange for packed container to be delivered to the designated wharf for import.
- Generate final manifest for import unpacks and liaise with clients accordingly
- Assist with the entry of data into internal systems relating to container arrival and releases
- Be willing to work in a team within all areas of the business
- Ad hoc duties as required by your Manager
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following;
Key Competencies / Skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and written skills
- Excellent customer service skills - well spoken, respectful and empathetic
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Intermediate MS Office suite skills
- Preferred ICS/ Expedient experience
- Computer literate to intermediate level with ability to quickly learn new systems
- Work collaboratively and harmoniously as a part of a team
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to work in a demanding environment
- Must be fit for work with a good level of fitness and general health
A pre-employment medical assessment will be required.
Qube recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected on their unique strengths and characteristics.
Qube is proud to be a WORK180 endorsed Employer for Women. if you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits here https://qube.com.au/.
If you want to invest in your future apply now and we will help you reach your full potential.