|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Inspire and manage a team of Small Business Associates
- Join NAB’s Small Business and Specialised Direct team
- Get closer than ever to your customers
Your new role awaits:
We are looking for the best of the best leaders to lead our significant transformation and growth program to create the best small business bank for our customers and our people.
Reporting to the Head of Small Business Metro, the Region Manager Greater Western Sydney will lead a team of Associate Bankers across the end to end proposition for Small Business Customers for their respective region.
Small business will be a key driver in achieving NAB’s strategic ambition to serve customers well and help our communities prosper.
Small Business is a dynamic and highly engaged division in NAB providing full service support to our valuable small business customers to support their business growth and personal journey across face to face, video, phone and digital channels. Our customers depend upon the resilience and courage of our strong leaders and bankers to guide them through current challenges and partnership for long-term survival.
With a strong focus on ‘making it easy’ for customers, your team will provide holistic support to customers at all stages of their business cycle, including residential and commercial lending, cashflow solutions and other strategic, transactional and servicing needs. This is achieved though maintaining the customer as core focus and providing exceptional service and accountability.
In this role, a typical week will see me focused on the following deliverables:
- People leadership: you’re passionate about leading, developing and motivating aspiring team members through the delivery of best practice. Your approach to mentoring, enabling and driving strong performance outcomes in your people is what sets your brand apart from others.
- Sales management: you’re even tempered in balancing the strong focus on the value to customer through sales and service, whilst managing the need for competitive pricing, product delivery and the right solutions for individual customer needs.
- Operational efficiency: known for your innovative and adaptive leadership style, you will action the right levers internally and externally, to optimise outcomes for the team, provide strategic direction on operations, change and risk management and operational efficiency.
- Risk & delivery against plan: your proactive and pragmatic in managing costs, monitoring operational risk and assurance requirements and driving continuous improvement of processes to optimise performance through embedding operational excellence & technology enablers.
What skills & attributes will I need?
- Proven people leadership experience in an in/outbound sales contact centre and/or a traditional distributed business model that specialises in solutions and relationship management for customers from $0-$5M in home lending and $0-$2M in small business lending.
- Strategic mindset drive successful outcomes across small business customer groups via pipeline management, deployment of centre of excellence principles and use of leads and analytics
- Sound decision quality , considered and authentic, you’re timely in executing ideas and decisions through long term vision to ensure the business moves forwards.
- Courage to endure and inspire a team to face into the difficult issues and conversations, empathise with customers, whilst balancing the challenging complexities required to deliver against plan and deliver our end to end experience to customers.
- SME of our customer industries and the challenges they face.
Experience in leading a frontline sales team will be critical. Time spent previously as a Banker with a delegated lending authority for commercial lending will be advantageous to hit the ground running on day one in our dynamic and fast paced environment. Additionally, a tertiary qualification will be highly regarded in a business-related discipline.
If you’re keen to get closer than ever, take a look at some of our customer journeys that we have been privileged to be a part of.
At NAB, you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the industry’s best leaders and aspiring Bankers. Career mapping and progression opportunities reward those who work hard, inspire the right values and behaviours and deliver exceptional outcomes for our customers. There’s access to a wide range of colleague benefits, from on-going education and paid volunteer leave to banking discounts. For more information please visit us here.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
We value and embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve and that our thinking, solutions, and products are the best they can be.