|Job Type:||Full Time|
Quarterly Planning Engineers – Pilbara
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Access to industry-leading technical development programmes
- Permanent employment which includes a huge range of additional benefits
- Enjoy an exceptional work life balance with an 8/6 roster – Pilbara
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for dynamic Quarterly Planning Engineers to produce and manage the site’s quarterly plans in Alastri Tactical Scheduler to a high standard with relevant optionality and flex.
Reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer and working in a challenging and exciting environment within Mine Technical Services you will deliver mine plans that align with long term strategy and clearly deliver value, address bottlenecks and convert opportunities across the value chain. You will have a strong focus on continuous improvement, be passionate about making sustainable improvements and be accountable for grade quality performance.
We are an open, connected international team of technical specialists using some of the most exciting data and tools on the planet. We are the world leader in automation and smart mining. We have technical development programmes that are industry-leading and recognise the unique nature of your role. These provide opportunities to grow your career through a dedicated technical path while being rewarded for your unique skills.
What you’ll bring
With tertiary qualifications in Engineering or equivalent, you will have demonstrated mine planning experience within an open cut mining environment. Iron ore experience is preferable, but not essential. You will also have a strong focus on meeting key milestones, operational constrains and production risk mitigation.
It is essential that you have a good understanding of the end-to-end mining process and strong software skills with experience in Alastri products, Expac, Maptek or Vulcan is desirable.
We’re looking for someone who can positively influence the behaviours of those around them, and effectively collaborate with a diverse stakeholder group. You will have an ability to verbally present information to a wide variety of stakeholders and effective sell the quarterly plan to the business.
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Where you’ll be working
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Every Voice Matters
We are one of the world’s leading producers and exporters of iron ore.
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, we own an integrated portfolio of iron ore assets: a world-class, integrated network of 16 mines, four independent port terminals, a 1,700 kilometre rail network and related infrastructure – all designed to respond rapidly to changes in demand.