|Job Type:||Full Time|
Communities & Social Performance Manager
- Senior stakeholder engagement focus
- Manage community commitments and opportunities
- Build enduring relationships between our operation and communities, including Traditional Owners and other stakeholders.
- Permanent role based at Gove Operations, North East Arnhem Land
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a an experienced Manager Communities & Social Performance (CSP), to manage the site on best practice community development and engagement activities, and stakeholder engagement and business strategy to help mitigate social risk. The manager will lead a CSP team, providing technical advice, supporting capability development and delivering key CSP strategies.
Being one of Rio Tinto’s senior leaders means helping to run a company that drives human progress. You are writing the next chapter of our story. You lead some of the industry’s best and brightest minds, working to solve the challenges of the 21stcentury. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the General Manager CSP Pacific and working in a challenging and exciting environment, you will be:
- Plans, implements and reports on activities that enable the organisation to meet its strategy and objectives in the area of Communities and Social Performance.
- Identifies, negotiates, implements and maintains agreements, commitments, and/or partnerships to support the business and strengthen the communities we impact.
- Develops a knowledge base of communities and utilises this knowledge and expertise for the benefit of the business, to understand common ground, and to minimise risk and maximise value.
- Develops and maintains favourable relationships and strong engagement with the local community and stakeholders; facilitates relationships between operational leaders and external stakeholders.
- Manages risk and opportunities associated with our business activities and interactions with our communities and stakeholders.
- Directs the resolution of complex Communities and Social Performance situations and challenges.
- Ensures activities of team members are aligned to maintaining compliance with legal and other commitments, and company policy and standards relating to Communities and Social Performance.
- Represents the organisation at community or industry gatherings or forums.
- Engages with internal Business stakeholders to lead and promote the principles of: effective community engagement; the importance of establishing and maintaining social licence to operate; responsible management of land, and preservation of cultural and environmental values.
- Responsible for the development and management of team members.
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Extensive experience in Stakeholder Engagement, Community Relations or Community Development in a similar role (essential)
- Experience managing complex multi stakeholder plans and projects
- Proven ability to build positive relationships
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills
- Experience with risk identification and management
What we offer
- Competitive salary package with an annual cash incentive award (STIP)
- 5 weeks annual leave plus an additional 6 days of recreational leave
- Generous allowances for working in a remote location
- Flexible working arrangements considered to suit your lifestyle
- Fantastic sporting and family friendly community with quick access to Darwin or Cairns on the daily jet service
- Flexible working arrangements
- A competitive base salary reflective of your experience and annual incentive program
- Immediate access to the Rio Tinto share programme
- Private health insurance contribution for all employees and immediate family members
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Paid parental leave at 9 months (half pay) and 4.5 months full pay
We also offer exclusive employee discounts all over the world together with a wellness program for physical and mental wellbeing through fitness and activity allowances.
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers –generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress. Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium –the world’s first to be certified “responsible” –helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life. Where you’ll be working(insert Business Unit paragraph here)
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome –they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Pleasenote, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must completeall pre-screening questions.
Applicationsclose on Friday the 4th of December 2020 (Rio Tinto reserves theright to remove advertised roles prior to this date)