|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Work as part of a high performing team - who are close-knit and supportive
- Intellectually stimulating and rewarding work!
- Two year fixed term opportunity
- Based in Sydney - Ultimo
Who we are
At TransGrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
TransGrid offers fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide to consumers, the community and key stakeholders are continually improving. With us you will thrive in a collaborative environment where new ideas and knowledge sharing are encouraged, and where you’ll be supported through opportunities to develop and achieve your full potential.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policies outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones
Our Infrastructure Services group embodies the spirit of entrepreneurship and optimism with the breadth, experience, and resources, one of Australia's largest electricity transmission providers. We are seeking a Proposal Manager who will lead the development of proposals for new business opportunities. The position gathers relevant commercial, financial and technical information; applying well-developed knowledge of contract and proposal management in the preparation of winning proposals, contract negotiation and commercial risk assessments.
The role will maintain effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to facilitate engagement, consultation and negotiation of deals or project-related work to deliver customer and business outcomes.
You will be an innovative thinker and have the versatility and eagerness to work in a transforming and changing environment. You will help create tomorrow’s solutions today and support the evolution of the future Australian Energy system.
As the Proposal Manager you will:
- Individually and with Managers, ensure understanding of TransGrid’s vision, purpose, and strategic and stakeholder considerations
- Lead the development of new innovative proposals
- Explain technical and operational proposal concepts in simple business language to stakeholders
- Ensure commercial aspects of proposals are completed and financial close is achieved
- Engage the proposal coordination team to establish project controls
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of proposal schedules and supporting documentation
- Identify budget and governance strategies to produce cost-effective and efficient proposals and manage proposal budgets accordingly
- Identify resourcing and key personnel for proposal teams
- Take accountability for the delivery of all solutions to customers
- Drive and lead negotiations to maximise commercial outcomes
- Develop and oversee high-value proposals
- Be accountable for commercial decisions and oversight of proposals
- Undertake assessment of rates of return relative to hurdle rates and counterparty credit risk
- Develop accurate financial modelling
- Contract negotiation and finalisation and be accountable for due diligence on technical response
- Develop contractor engagement strategy
- Be accountable for negotiation of organisational liabilities and risk across contracts
- Manage all associated contracts, including property agreements and triparted commercial and funding contracts
- Develop sound relationships with internal stakeholders
- Provide information on new opportunities or customer trends based on CRM data
- Manage and keep a record of all formal communications in the proposal team-site and coordinate clarifications and responses
- Lead external stakeholder engagement including maintaining strong customer relationships
- Prepare and lead pricing strategies for contestable customer proposals and manage approvals
- Develop and manage counterparty and commercial risk strategies for non-regulated proposals
- Identify returns on proposals and projects in relation to margin, variation orders and other parameters
- Deliver new business revenue to meet agreed revenue targets
- Identify and implement key strategies for major proposals
- Provide business leadership on commercial strategies and change management of proposal strategies
- Manage multiple customer projects and provide oversight of business performance
- Manage risk, quality, resources, communications, procurement, cost control and schedule control associated with the tenders and customer opportunities
- Manage relevant projects allocated by the Program Manager
Skills & Experience
What we expect from you:
- Degree qualifications in a relevant discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to manage negotiations
- Experience in the development and management of large proposals
- Ability to communicate to senior internal and external stakeholders
- High-level business and commercial acumen
- Proven experience with pricing high-value proposals
- Experience with developing annualized charging strategies with the use of financial modelling
- Experience working in multidisciplinary organisations and in roles that require the coordination of multiple inputs
- Knowledge and experience with relevant database systems, particularly CRM (e.g. Salesforce) preferable
- Strong organisational and time management skills, and the ability to manage competing priorities under pressure
- Well-developed interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
Recognition & Reward
What you can expect from us:
- Structured leadership and development programs
- Flexible work arrangements available
- 14 weeks Parental Leave (includes adoption)
- 2 weeks Other Parent Leave
- Annual picnic day (additional day off)
- Health and Wellbeing Programs
- Salary sacrifice and novated leasing options
- Access to sports and social clubs
In return for your hard work we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Join us and make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here.
This is a two year fixed term position
Applications close on Thursday, 3 December 2020
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions in place, the successful candidate may be required to commence their employment working from home. TransGrid actively promotes flexible working arrangements within our teams. We have strong team structures, culture and communication tools in place to ensure all employees remain actively connected to each other and the broader organisation.
- Our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received and interviewing may commence earlier than closing date.
- We do not accept agency introductions as TransGrid operates a direct sourcing model.
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.