|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the Role
Please Note: This role requires working with Australian Federal and State Government clients and hence will need to have a Security Clearance. To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian Citizen
The Technical Delivery Manager (TDM) role provides senior operational advice, support and technical expertise in the design, development, implementation, maintenance and operational assurance of the client’s Network and virtualised Hosting environment inclusive of:
- Transported Networks (including Cloud)
- Tap Subsystem (inclusive of Net Optic Directors)
- Switching Subsystem
- Data Centre Switching Subsystem
- Endpoint Authentication Subsystem
- Voice Gateway
- Hardware Load Balancers
- Unmanaged Network Equipment
- Hosting System
- Compute, Storage, Database and Management subsystems.
The role primarily delivers a BAU function aligned with the delivery, performance, maintenance and growth of the client’s Network and virtualised Hosting solution. The position is also required to work closely with pre-sales focusing on the design and supportability elements of in scope Network and Hosting architecture. The role will require knowledge of ITIL methodology. This will involve the use of Incident, Change and Problem Management techniques to drive technical resolver groups in the resolution, root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions to ensure that Network and Hosting system performance levels are exceeded.
- Providing functional Leadership of assigned Network and Hosting Engineers when required.
- Managing the technical resolution of complex Network and Hosting major incidents.
- Working within a team environment comprised of a number of diverse roles with a mix of pre-sales and post sales focus, to ensure that the Client sees a cohesive, customer focused and high value E2E technical management team..
- Ability to stay abreast of emerging ICT Enterprise Network and Hosting products both within Optus and across the industry and reading and interpreting the evolving technical needs of the market.
- Operate within a complex technical and client environment, that demands tight timelines and budgetary constraints.
- Manage multiple internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery of agreed complex technical outcomes.
- Initiate projects as required to achieve Network and Hosting solution optimisation and performance, whilst maintaining commercial integrity and optimal contracted performance.
- Represent client’s technical requirements and business drivers into the broader Optus and translate same into technology-based solutions.
- Drive applicable third parties to continually improve on delivery and contracted outcomes.
- Significant experience working in the Telecommunications and/or IT Industry in an Operational Management and Support Role.
- Demonstrated ability to manage Technical Customer Delivery outcomes including:
- Incident Management
- IT Service Continuity
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- Change Management
- Configuration Management
- Problem Management
- Ability to manage and maintain relationships with clients at Senior and Operational management levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging Network/Hosting technologies.
- High level interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written, including experience in writing complex management reports, such as network performance overviews and recommendations, submissions, and business cases.
- Demonstrated ability to work with other ICT specialists and to foster a strong team spirit within a group. Strong service orientated skill set.
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification or demonstrated ITIL knowledge to an equivalent level.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of:
- Cisco Network (Routing, WANX, Switching, WLAN, Firewalls),
- F5 Load Balancers
- Vendor experience/knowledge with Cisco and F5.
- Cloud and Data Centre connectivity.
- Security (e.g. ISM, PSPF, ASD Cyber Security Mitigation Strategies)
- Support Tools (Monitoring, Reporting, Backups, Logging, Authentication, Management etc.).
- A proven ability to facilitate and co-ordinate multiple technical teams and third-party vendors in support of complex operational outcomes.
- A proven ability to manage the transition from project delivery to support within area of accountability.
- A proven ability to manage Cisco Licensing and support contracts.
- Ability to understand commercial models that underpin operational support models.
Optus is a place where we let you do you. Whether you’ll be working in our corporate offices or in a retail store, we are a highly collaborative workplace, and offer a range of perks such as:
A competitive salary
Discounts on products and services
Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
Up to five days of Volunteer Leave per year
Flexible work options
We understand that flexibility means different things to different people. We are proud to offer a variety of options to work in different ways, such as flexible hours, remote working, job share and part-time. Please talk to us about how we can make this role work for you.
At Optus, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us - we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we’re creating a better tomorrow for all Australians. We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Curious about our culture? Go behind the scenes with our people by searching #OptusLife on LinkedIn.
Due to COVID-19 and the rise of job applicants in the market, it may take us a bit longer than usual for us to come back to you. We appreciate your understanding and patience during these unprecedented times.
Please no recruitment agencies, we’ll be managing this role in-house. Any resumes submitted outside of our process will be deemed the sole property of Optus.