- Business Innovation & Improvement team
- Permanent opportunity – $121,176 + Super
- Based in our Leederville office
Water is essential for our future. In each and every Water Corporation role, you’ll have the chance to develop a career, and help the community. With a diverse mix of roles, locations and opportunities across Western Australia, we seek people who want to make a change for the better. Fresh faces wanted.
We have a permanent opportunity based in Leederville working with the Water Corporation’s Business Improvement team as a Specialist - Innovation . In this role you will be responsible for the application and implementation of the agreed innovation streams with a focus on building the Corporation’s innovation capability. A key aspect of the role will be facilitating design thinking sessions and applying the principals. This position will report to the Manager - Innovation.
- Support the day-to-day activity of the Innovation Framework
- Develop and implement initiatives that drive innovation activity and build innovation capability across the organisation
- Collate innovation reporting and assist in portfolio management
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in innovation processes and activity
- Assist in the development, delivery and evaluation of trials, tests and proof of concepts
- Manage an internal network of innovation champions across the organisation to assist with idea analysis and drive innovation activities
- Using change management techniques prepare the organisation for any innovation initiatives
- Degree level qualification in business, commerce or related discipline
- Substantial experience working in an innovation or improvement role, facilitating innovation activity
- Demonstrated ability to assess ideas based on feasibility, viability and desirability
- Demonstrated project management and workshop facilitation skills
- Sound knowledge of innovation and improvement methodologies (e.g. Design Thinking, Lean Start Up, Ideation, Design Sprints, Lean Six Sigma)
- Working understanding of business improvement methodologies and principles
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role. Applications close on Sunday 29th November 2020.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete Pre-Employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check police clearance and Australian working rights check.
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.”
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website