|Job Type:||Full Time|
BHP is one of the world's largest global resources company, with operations throughout Australia and around the world. The iron ore, copper, coal, nickel, oil and gas we produce is used to grow cities all around the world, helping to build schools, hospitals, bridges and transport as well as the household appliances, modern electronics and new technology millions of people use every day.
We've been supporting people and communities all across the countries in which we operate, from the Pilbara to the Atacama Desert in Chile, for generations by creating jobs, backing businesses and investing in social programs. And it's our purpose and privilege to continue to keep bringing people and resources together to build a better world.
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities.
Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
We are seeking experienced operators committed to reducing workplace risk through active participation in behaviour based safety programs, hazard and event reporting procedures whilst contributing to a productive & healthy team culture.
Reporting to the Mining Supervisor, within the Mining Production Autonomy team your duties will include:
- Operate ancillary machines and excavators as per operational needs
- Complete daily pre-starts on equipment and inspection of your work area
- Maximise compliance with operational plan by ensuring all activities are performed and carried out in accordance with plan and work instructions
- Monitor performance of equipment and compliance with mine operating procedures through inspections
- Actively participate in maintaining appropriate standards of behaviour (Code of Business Conduct)
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Must be experienced in operating at least 2 of the following: D10 Dozer, CAT 994 and WA1200 Loaders and 9400 and 996 Excavators
- Experience with autonomous haulage systems is advantageous
- Flexible, team-orientated approach with strong communications skills
- Working knowledge of the Mines Safety & Inspection Act & Regulations
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- HR class WA driver’s licence preferred but C class license essential
Only candidates that meet the stated criteria will be considered.
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.