|Job Type:||Full Time|
Business Development Specialist
In October 2020, Woolworths Group Supply Chain rebranded to become Primary Connect - an end-to-end supply chain partner within Woolworths Group. Our team of more than 8,000 continues to support our Woolworths, BWS, Dan Murphy’s, Countdown, and BIG W stores across the country, providing them with our customers’ favourite food, drink, and everyday needs items.
Becoming Primary Connect gives us the opportunity to keep growing so we can become the next generation supply chain whilst remaining an essential part of Woolworths Group. There has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
- Promote and grow our optional, commercial supply chain services while executing the Primary Connect strategy and vision; “Connecting communities with the products they need and love”
- Understand the Woolworths Supplier base network and develop optimised network solutions
- Assess potential new business opportunities and develop proposals to create a more efficient supply chain for Woolworths and our supplier partners
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Support the Longlife Business Development team in the delivery of the Longlife growth strategy.
- Accountability for developing new business presentations and maintaining a robust, healthy, up to date New Business opportunity Pipeline.
- Monitor Gross Margin of new business to ensure it is consistent with the proposal expectations and work with BD, Solutions and Operations to ensure Corrective Action is in place where necessary.
- Support the ‘Conversion Process’, with practical, executable proposals that are accurate & on-time.
- Identify potential opportunities and leads based on conversations and analysis while contributing strategic support to the BD team with a focus on replicating ‘what works’ from a Solution and value proposition perspective.
- Support the strategic ‘engagement model’ for new customers, based on identified strategic sales development pipeline
- Work alongside Network Solutions Managers to finalise network opportunities for new customers
Who we’re looking for
Our new Business Development Specialist will be driven and passionate, keen to get things done and able to make an impact in a fast-paced environment. We’re looking for a team player with:
- Previous experience in supply chain operations
- Knowledge of relevant OH&S legislation including chain of responsibility
- Ability to change direction quickly in line with the needs of the business
- Experience working in a large organisation with cross functional teams
- Excellent communication skills and strong stakeholder management
- Operational experience managing and executing the delivery of KPI’s, P&L’s and continuous improvements
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.