South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
About the role
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif"><span style="font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif">Reporting to <span style="font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif">the Manager Assurance the purpose <span style="font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif">of this role is to add value through the delivery of the internal audit, leading audits across South32 operations and functions. And to assist in business process reviews, risk assessments, developing deliverables and reporting outcomes to senior management and the Board with a specific focus on the system of risk management.
Other accountabilities include:
- Builds trust and credibility with senior stakeholders for the successful delivery of internal audit outcomes that will support the improvement of risk management and effectiveness in South32
- Be the “face of internal audit” with the operations, working with stakeholders (mainly VPs Operations) on audit planning, execution and outcomes
- Add value by influencing senior stakeholders (including VP Operations) on risk-and-control design and execution – specifically for operational risks
- Actively contribute to the development of the annual internal audit plan through performing risk assessments, engaging with internal and external stakeholders and applying operational experience and knowledge
- Implement the annual internal audit plan including:
- Planning, scoping and leading a team of internal resources, guest auditors and external specialists on internal audits
- Review the suitability of internal control design with a specific focus on operational risks
- Conduct audit testing of internal controls and identify reportable issues
- Evaluate and provide reasonable assurance that risk management, control, and governance systems are functioning as intended
- Provide the Board and senior management with timely, objective, factually accurate, practical and professionally written internal audit reports that add value and provide stakeholders with the necessary transparency of information to priorities risk management activities
- Review audit findings for inconsistencies and weaknesses in controls including analysis of existing practices
This position will be based out of our Perth head office in the heart of the CBD.
- Professional accreditation or certification in auditing / fraud investigations preferred
- Functional / Operational experience preferred
- Experience in Internal Audit required.
- Experience in the resources industry
- General knowledge of risk management, audit principles and control requirements
- Competitive salaries
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.